miércoles, 12 de mayo de 2010

Moses and Aaron

As I looked through the window of my little pharmacy, I saw many things. One image which I hope to never forget is that of two young women. They had been together in a church as it collapsed and one was severely injured.

Every morning and every evening, the healthy sister would sit behind the injured one and hold her up as they sang praises to God.

I remember being in that pharmacy questioning God and asking how He could be a gracious and loving God and still let this happen, and then looking through that window and hearing these two women praise that same God. As I looked on, the healthy young woman lifted her sister's weak arms holding them up as the praised.

My mind flashed to Moses on the mountain top with the army of Israel fighting below. As long as his arms were raised in prayer the army was victorious if his arms lowered they began to loose the battle, so Aaron held up Moses' arms as he prayed.

With warriors like these two young women, I knew that their was hope for Haiti and that hope is in the God that I questioned while they praised.

I don't think it is wrong to question God, but I did feel a bit humbled to be in that situation with a whole healthy body and be out praised by people who had lost everything they knew, nearly their own lives and whose future was so uncertain. It is good to be humbled!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario